The Bible Museum has on display historic bibles which offer a rare insight into the development of the English language and also the story of writing and printing. A collection of over 1,500 Bibles, scrolls, musical instruments, and related artefacts are also available to view.
Another interesting aspect of the museum is the Butterfly Garden. Open between November and May (depending on the weather and seasonal conditions) many varieties of butterflies can be seen floating around this specially designed garden. At certain times butterflies can be seen emerging from their chrysalis. Autumn is the best time to see the butterflies and garden.
Ellen and Jean Reid have been collecting Bibles for over 30 years and their guided tour takes around an hour, so please book a tour in advance, by email or phone.
125 - 133 Napier Street
St Arnaud, VIC, 3478
Located 12.0K from Kooreh
St Arnaud Range National Park features mainly steep, forested terrain and is an ideal place to experience what the forests of Central Victoria were like before the gold rushes. The rocky ridge tops in the park offer fine views for bushwalkers and four-wheel-drive tourers, and there are ample opportunities for hiking in the steep and rugged terrain. The Upper Teddington Reservoir is a peaceful place for picnics and camping.
Things to do
- The banks of the Upper Teddington Reservoir are a pleasant venue for camping and picnics
- The rocky ridge tops in the park offer fine views for bushwalkers and four-wheel-drive tourers
- There are ample opportunities for hiking in the steep and rugged terrain
- The Teddington Reservoirs are popular fishing sites, brown trout and redfin commonly being caught
- Recreational fossicking is allowed in some areas of the park. Fossickers must hold a current Miner's Right. Please do not drive off road, and fill any holes created by fossicking
Before you go
Conditions can change in parks for many reasons. For the latest information on changes to local conditions, please visit the relevant park page on the Parks Victoria website.
Be bushfire ready in the great outdoors. Refer to the Bushfire Safety section on the Parks Victoria website for tips on how to stay safe.
Stuart Mill, VIC, 3478
Located 19.6K from Kooreh